Wednesday 26 November 2008

Life drawing...

I went to the 2nd years life drawing class and I'm glad I did because we used ink and rolled up card to use like a pen and drew good old Isabelle! I then realized this is what I want for my BGs: a rough, brush stroke kind of style. We then used dip pens which were hard but interesting to use, I may not use a dip pen for my work but I might use a small paint brush to get the brush stroke look for my actually animation. That means using indian ink...





































2 comments:

Qian's Gallery said...

Hi
Life drawing is soooo important! you need a lot more practice, get some human anatomy books, study it, that will improve your life drawing skills.

Karen said...

I think I have slacked a bit, I mean those drawings were the first life drawings for nearly a year now. Which is why I gate crashed the 2nd year lifedrawing class!

Do you know of any good anatomy books? There are so many I don't want to get the wrong one!!